Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Foreign Objects (by liz)

So it is a well known fact amongst my friends that children are not my strong suit. I only baby sat once in my life and it was an absolute disaster. I was the youngest in my family so I never had to change diapers, fill a bottle, or do any of those other things that go along with having a baby in the house. But one thing that I'm becoming a pro at is baby showers. I always love a good party and this weekend I had a opportunity to attend a fabulous little baby shower brunch for my good friend Tammy in the Annex at Sqwires Restaurant in Lafayette Square. How fancy is that? Props to the girls who put it together...it was a real class act. But I have to tell all you first time moms out there, I don't know how you do it. How do you know what all that stuff is?! Half of the things I see opened at baby showers are as foreign to me as UFO's. Actually, I take that back - I know WAY more about UFO's. I was telling one of my cohorts at the table that I thought the doctor or someone should send new moms-to-be home with the equivalent of a "school supplies" list for having a baby.

So on another note, I was really proud of one of the gifts I gave, and I must share it with you. I bought some Potterybarn Christmas stockings and had Mom, Dad and the baby's name embroidered on them. What do you think?! I love Christmas...I would leave my tree up year round if my husband would let me, but I was pretty sure most everyone else in attendance would think I was a looney bin. But they were a hit!

I'm so excited for Tammy - she is going to be an awesome mom and still looks great with only around 6 weeks to go. Here are just a few photos from the event! PS Kristie - I took a good baby shot! I thought you would be proud. :)









1 comment:

  1. Nice Liz! I am proud of you :)
    - Kristie

    ReplyDelete