Saturday, March 14, 2009

Canvas is Awesome (by kristie) St. Louis Children's Photographer

I have been meaning to post this blog for a while now... My sister-in-law got inspired by my "Wall Inspiration" piece I give clients after their photo sessions. It is a little file I send out to get the creative juices flowing of ways to display your photographs. Lifestyle photography is great for storytelling, and what better way than to group your images together to tell a story.

One spin that she put on her "inspiration," that I absolutely love, is she added canvas prints to the mix. I have always liked canvas prints, but don't think I REALLY knew how much until I saw these two hanging in their window light. Here's the awesome thing about canvas prints... they don't glare in light, they don't fade, they don't need frames, and are super easy and lightweight to hang. And even another bonus... down the road if you decide to add some more canvas prints to the same wall or same room... you don't have to go hunting for new frames that match. Or if you change up the look of your room, no need to get photos re-framed. Yes, canvas is more expensive than standard prints, but when you take out the cost of custom matting and framing... totally worth it! So, that's my "Canvas is Awesome" thought for the day :-)

Now on to the photos... First, the inspiration page that she pulled her ideas from. Next, her new living room photo display.









1 comment:

  1. I really need to buckle down and get me some canvases for my collection, too!

    ReplyDelete