Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble Gobble! (by liz)


Just a quick note to say happy Thanksgiving! Ever make cut out sugar cookies? My mother always made the best sugar cookies (little shout to to Linda!) So I figure, as her daughter, that gene should have been passed down right? I mean, if I get the recipe from her and follow the directions (I can read - yay me!) how hard can it be? Yeowsers...I have a whole new respect for sugar cookies. Four and a half hours later with dough sticking everywhere and flour flying around the kitchen like smoke, we have some beautiful leaf shaped sugar cookies to take to Thanksgiving. I just thought it would be cute. Leave it to me to underestimate the sugar cookie. My husband Steve actually looked in the mirror and freaked out that he was getting gray in his beard but it was really just some rogue flour that landed on his face. Who am I kidding?! I totally put it there. :)

I hope you get to gobble up some cookies this Thanksgiving! But before you do, take a close look at it, appreciate the love (and time...and mess) that went into it. I know it will. :)


2 comments:

  1. We love it! Mom says "You were warned"! I got a kick out of "flower". Really, they turned out nice and they actually look like leaves. Mom says let her know if you need another recipe.
    Were they edible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed "flower" - I had to type my little blog in about 2 minutes - give a girl a break! We were running late of course...well actually Steve told me we had to be there at 2:00 when we really had to be there at 2:30. We left the house at about 1:54. :) No more recipes for me! I'm out of the sugar cookie business for awhile. Or as we've now deemed them "Four Hour Cookies." They actually taste great!

    ReplyDelete