Sunday, November 16, 2008

Holly & Nick (by liz)

This was one of those perfect late summer/early fall days. We got lucky this year - we had more of them than usual. Usually I think that people who say they like living in St. Louis because they get to experience all four seasons are crazy. In my opinion, when it comes to spring and fall, two weeks does not a "season" make. Holly and Nick got one of these few days or their wedding day...and seeing as it was an outdoor wedding with a partially outdoor reception at the beautiful Artists Guild, it was a good thing! These two make a nice looking couple...Nick with his funky hair and Holly with her perfect skin. I am sure you will agree! And I would be remis if I didn't thank the talented Tim Gau for filling in for Kristie as my second shooter. If you've met me then you know I'm vertically challenged...Tim however is not. It was nice to have someone along who could actually reach things and hang a wedding dress from a window. :)

I love these next couple of shots. I have a whole set of these...one which I am using in my next ad in Saint Louis Bride Magazine...keep your eyes peeled!

Fabulous purple shoes. My first pair of purple wedding shoes ever...love it!


This is Nick's face when he sees Holly for the first time. Normally I get a smile or a loving look but this wrinkly little smirk is truly endearing.

Off to the riverfront for some great textured shots.

And my new favorite alley.

Shoes again!

Ceremony at the Artists Guild. Perfect time of day for light...the sun hasn't technically set, we are just sitting low enough that it seems as if it is under the horizon.


I love this cake....it is so unique. AND the lighting in this shot along with the chandelier and the decor make it feel antique. Like it was a taken on a romantic evening in 1820.


Thanks guys - this was a beautiful day!





5 comments:

  1. Hi Liz,
    Von DeVore here. I love the 1st of the riverfront series of images...the one of the bride along the curved wall. You have some great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Liz! And I LOVE that alley shot. Holly & Nick need a big canvas of that one in their home! Super cool. It actually reminds me of a little side alley in Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Von! How are you my dear? I just sent a recommendation your way for next year. Keep an eye out for a fun gal named Amy for September of 2009. Thanks for popping by!

    And Kris - I had a tough time choosing that alley shot...I went back and forth between that and one other one trying to figure out which one I liked more. In the end I just did eeny meeny miny moe. Is that how you spell that? :) Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz you did such a great job! I am sure Holly and Nick are going to cherish these forever. The ceremony shots are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment Dennis! A photographer is only as good as his or her lighting and I tell ya, that ceremony could not have been at a better time of day. That was the perfect 10 minutes just after sunset.

    I took a look at your blog site - you do all kinds of fun stuff! I really like your style. Take care!

    ReplyDelete