Sunday, January 11, 2009

Julie & Matt's Wedding (by liz)

Wow - I feel like I haven't done this in awhile. Please forgive me - I tend to go in spurts when it comes to blogging. It's kind of like dieting...nothing but veggies for one week and nothing but cheeseburgers and cookies the next. Ok, diving in...Julie and Matt were married in December surrounded by the beauty of the holidays. Christmas trees, poinsettias, lights and all! Historic St. Charles was all sparkly (is that a word?) which complimented the sparkler send off at the end of this memorable evening.

This was another perfect wedding from the gals over at Alred Wedding Consultants. If they are involved you can bet everything goes off without a hitch...or at least no one will notice the "hitches" if they happen to occur.

Julie and Matt are so comfortable together. It may have something to do with them being together since they were...wait for it...in junior high? Or was it grade school? I mean, "high school sweethearts" always amaze me but this might be a record! I'm pretty sure they started going steady about the same time I had a crush on Joey from New Kids on the Block. :)

The wedding was at the same Methodist church where both Julie's parents AND Matt's parents were married years ago (how cool and rare is that?) and the reception was at the Foundry Art Center in St. Charles. I hadn't been there since it was very new a few years ago and they have made some beautiful improvements! I already liked it to begin with.

To finish off the evening, Julie surprised Matt with a Rolls Royce from Best Transportation to carry them away. Loved it. All of it. Congrats guys!






























No comments:

Post a Comment