Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dawn & Joe at the Zoo (by liz)

I have been a very bad blogger this spring - please forgive my absence! We have just been so busy that it's been tough to find the time...but no excuses right? So let's start here...Dawn & Joe on April 19th. They didn't actually get married on April 19, we just took some fun photos and had a great party at the St. Louis Zoo! They were married in Mexico...I really need to get in on some beach wedding gigs so I can come back looking like this! The whole family returned to St. Louis relaxed, tanned and beautiful ready to celebrate. They had animal greeters at the door - a fox, oppossum and owl to be exact. Owl pictured below...he looked really mad at me for taking his photo. I'm guessing witness protection program. The zoo offers animal adoption and the couple adopted a flamingo in remembrance of Dawn's father Tom. The favors were flamingo lollipops with tis meaningful note attached. More tropical details included luminaries and bright colored table cloths and centerpieces. I have two take aways from this evening I will never forget...by far the most spastic dancer of my wedding photography career goes to the best man who is also the brother of the groom. Wow. :) He can really get the dance floor going! And DJ Mark actually knew the ENTIRE Thriller dance. AND had people who actually tried to follow along...including the brother of the groom as previously mentioned. :) Congrats Dawn & Joe! It was a blast!



























1 comment:

  1. I really love the pictures of the bride and groom walking on the train tracks:o)

    ReplyDelete