Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Liz & Mark (by liz)

This was a really cool and different wedding. It took place over in Illinios (I don't get to shoot over there very often - it is odd that the river truly is a great divide in this city!) and it was at a winery called Villa Marie which JUST openend. Actually, this was the first wedding there!

They had so many neat little touches including a fabulous ride in a Rolls Royce and a sparkler exit. Props to wedding planner Renee Joshu for a fabulous job working in all of the details and making sure the day went off without a hitch! Well these two got hitched...you know what I mean. :) It was so obvious how much these two care for each other and how happy their families and friends were for them. Take a look!

Beautiful programs, flower girl and cake...yum.




A few finishing touches...




These next two shots captured Liz & Mark seeing each other for the first time...


The beautiful tropical flowers designed by Rich West...



This was such a touching moment. The girls all gathered around for a prayer before the ceremony...




And the beautiful ceremony. It was originally supposed to be outside but we got a ton of rain overnight and in the morning making the ground way too squishy. Luckily the space inside is gorgeous as well.





After the ceremony Liz, Mark and I took a ride in the Rolls to go get some ice cream, or um custard (makes it sound healthier doesn't it?!) at Bobby's. I totally snuck in the bulding to take some photos of them ordering - I was so stealthy that we got a good laugh out of me popping up out of nowhere!






Then we had a fun photo session around the winery and a nearby barn...I LOVE the texture on this barn. Side story - Kristie had actually broken bones in both of her feet the night before and the fabulous Von DeVore filled in for her in a pinch. Von and I had a great time working together...we even climbed around in some weeds and got all of these crazy little sticky green things all over our pants! Always something new I tell ya...











Cute shoes eh?


Off to the reception!





This might just be my favorite shot of the day. Can you say "tear"? sniff...sniff...


And a sparkling exit! Congratulations guys!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful wedding Liz! Another location to add to my Resource Guide - WOW!

    Carolyn Burke
    Wedding Ceremony Services

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you did an amazing job. What a wonderful day that was for us!!

    --the bride

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lis and Mark-

    Hey- i had a better time than you did-
    I got to ride in the Rolls!!
    Thanks to my goood friend,,,Roger,,

    Gramma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys never seize to amaze me. I look often just see great talent. Continued success!

    Jules
    DSAGSL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie! Thanks so much fror checking in! I hope that all is going well with you this holiday season. I guess it will almost be time to start working on the event for 2009 huh? Talk to you soon! Liz

    ReplyDelete