Friday, October 10, 2008

St. Louis Fashion Week (by liz)

I've been doing a little reminiscing and it just dawned on me...St. Louis has really come a long way in the last 5 years or so. Does anyone remember what Washington Avenue used to look like? Do you remember when the first loft development was a crazy idea? I mean who would ever live in a boarded up, crime ridden, abandoned downtown with no simple amenities like a grocery store? But turns out it wasn't crazy and they've sold like hotcakes and now the developers are slowly running out of old buildings to make into lofts! Our little city has even been noticed in the culinary arts for some delectable dishes being served up at local restaurants that continue to pop up around town. I hear people say that St. Louis and this hip crowd of city dwellers, foodies & fashionista's are "New York wannabe's", but I really don't see it like that at all. I see St. Louis trying to find it's identity again. Something that was all but lost with the mass exodus to the suburbs. And I really think when it's all said and done, St. Louis is going to be a great mix of cutting edge thinking, creative design and Midwestern values.

Which brings me to one of the latest trendy events to hit St. Louis in the last couple of years...Saint Louis Fashion Week presented by Alive Magazine. I went to go take a few shots last night with Charter Media and ran into the fabulous Pam from Signature Studios. My first chance to shoot a runway was way too fun. I got to get some "behind the scenes" shots by tagging along with Charter Media as they interviewed Alive execs and designers. The designers featured for the night were Humanity for All, miacro and Wrath Arcane. Check out the photos below and don't forget to watch the Fashion Week coverage in Charter On Demand under I Want More!

First a little behind the scenes action as the designers put the finishing touches on their models...






As the show is about to start, show staff pulls the protective coating off of the pristine white runway...


And now Humanity for All...










And miacro...











And last but not least, Wrath Arcane...







After the show I tagged along with Aaron, Emily and the Charter Media team for a few post show interviews and the evening wrap up. Total blast - it felt great to shoot something so dfferent!





1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!
    I'm so bummed I had to miss it. Must mark the calendar for the spring show! Tell me more about it later :)
    - Kristie

    ReplyDelete